In 1955 Allan Holland and Don Sherman co-founded Sherman & Holland; builders of fine quality homes incorporating a joinery and employing many local trades. The partnership trained many carpenters who later became master builders. In 1974, Allan Holland established the first truss plant in Bendigo and the company became a licensed Fabricator. The original offices and factory were in Hattam Street Golden Square which began with little more than 5 employees.
With the demand for prefabricated trusses on the increase the company underwent a period of growth. The result was that the Bendigo Truss Plant was required to relocate.
This occurred in 1993, after acquiring a spacious 5-acre block along Napier Street in Epsom allowing the company to alleviate any previous storage issues.
However, growth continued, and the time had come to expand again. In June 2004, the company moved its wall frame manufacturing department to what was known as the Epsom Market. Again, this provided the company with ample space to work with to be able to meet the ever-increasing demand.
Today we employ around 50 employees working across two locations in central Victoria and delivering into the Central, Western, Northern and Metropolitan regions. We also supply into some parts of NSW and South Australia.
We use plantation pine in our manufacturing process. It is a natural renewable resource that is environmentally friendly thereby allowing us to help to reduce the greenhouse effect.